Thread: Getting past it
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I understand, B2Y. It's been a challenge for me to accept my limitations, too. Especially since I was used to being on the go all the time.

I've come to accept my disease....not sure why I've been able to do so. Maybe it's because I was dx after a bunch of really bad things happened in my life. Maybe I know that things could always be worse. Or that there are worse things to happen in life than this. I'm not sure why.....all I know is I have accepted it and I'm pretty much okay with it. Do I wish I didn't have MS? Absolutely.

I'm not saying that everyone should feel the way I do. I know that everyone's MS is different. But.....if this is my burden to bear then so be it. I wouldn't wish this on anyone......I'd rather deal with it myself than have it be one of my kids or other family members or even friends. Does that make any sense? I feel like I'm rambling.

Yes, I get irritated when there is something I want to do and I can't. But, so far, I've been able to do all that I need to do, some that I want to do and some that I really don't want to do!! I just take it a day at a time.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-06-2009), Blessings2You (03-05-2009), Debbie D (03-06-2009), Ivy2 (03-05-2009), Jappy (03-06-2009), Niko (03-05-2009), SallyC (03-05-2009), the Bird (03-05-2009)