Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconophile View Post
Thanks for the method, REV; much appreciated.

I'm also in need of a starting point for dosage. After reading back through this thread, it seems that a lot of people are on the mucuna jointly with Sinemet or something equally heavy. I'm still a newbie (dxd under 2 years ago), and am on a GSH, Amantadine and (other typical) supplements program; the "newbie" part kicks in when I read phrases like "1.5 pills," as I have no idea what that refers to.

I'd really like to try the Mucuna but can't yet find a MD or ND up here (Toronto, Canada) who's heard of it.

Can someone with experience offer an opinion re: the issue of a starting point for dosage?

John
John,

My bad and I apologize, 1.5 pills, what was I thinking? That's the way my brain works at times.

In my case 1.5 is 1-100/50 Sinamet and 1/2-100/50 Sinament.
I was taking 200/50 and my doc reduced it to half which is not enough, so that's where my 1.5 pills came in.

When I stated my Mucuna, I took 2.5 ml with water once a day, in the morning. Worked great in the morning, but I found that during the day I needed some more to come back on after getting of. Off and On means that the pills are effective at that time or they are not.

Anyway to make a long story short, I started to take 2.5 ml with every pill I took. Good thing I kept the knowledgeable people on this site aware of what I was doing, because shortly I started to receive emails telling me that I was taking way to much and that I should start slowly and find a recipe that works for me. I took their advice and reduce my Mucuna to one pinch (don't ask me a measurement on that LOL) but that wasn't enough. I tried 2 pinches and that wasn't enough. Wen I tried 3 pinches I found that within 15 to 30 minutes I'm on, sometimes sooner than that. So that's what I settled on and it seems to work great for me.

Hopefully I didn't mess you up again and if I did I'll keep my big mouth shut about it and let the others that can communicate properly handle it.

Claude

Last edited by sept08; 03-05-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: wrong figures
sept08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote