View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Father in neuro ICU with Ruptured Aneurysm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and just looking for some of your thoughts on my father's situation. Eleven days ago my father was brought to the hospital and diagnosed with a ruptured anuerysm in his anterior communicating artery. He was talking and alert and fully functional (other then a serious headache) prior to surgery, which he had the very next day (a surgical clipping). We found out the clipping was not secure, so he had another operation two days after the first surgery.

Four days after the second surgery he was taken off the ventilator and he is now in the neuro ICU and doing pretty well physically (can move all limbs and speak in sentances). The problem is that he is extremely confused and his memory is very off (he does know who I am, and my two sisters, but not his wife (my step-mom)).

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether these issues are permanent? Or maybe just caused because he was under sedation for a week? Or maybe something happened during one of the two surgeries? We were hoping he would be able to return to his mental state after the rupture but before the first surgery... any way of knowing this? thanks you all for your help. this is very difficult as you all know.
JMKJAM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote