View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default touchy subject

As usual, it's excess that makes the system eventually fail. This is not an opinion about vaccines and I know peoples' children are involved. I love children and taught children who had conditions like autism.

But I can't follow the reasoning behind always finding someone to blame and then taking all their money. It feels like disrespect for a person's life to put any price tag on it, especially in amounts set to become so wealthy, along with the lawyers. It turns into an advantage in some ways that something went wrong.

Do astronomical amounts of money solve anything? I am not following this issue closely but notice that it's not about suing, it's about how much you can sue for. Must lawsuits be automatic when there is an event or accident? Some things are truly accidents, which do happen regardless of how careful one tries to be. It has larger consequences when someone's life is at stake, and lawsuits have effectively separated the medical and patient community, along with insurance companies - the usual corporate greed at work all around. And we pay them all. They owe us much more - but here is where we aren't looking any better.iMHO

Always exceptions i realize.

These feelings didn't appear overnight and come from my having a real problem with doctors' attitudes toward their patients. Being sued is definitely one of the reasons our healthcare is astronomically expensive and some doctors justify their own mediocrity. It's harder to break thru the arrogance and even contempt that comes from the medical community - mention the word attorney and see them change color with anger - so they might listen to us on equal footing, when a lawsuit is emminent if the doctor makes a mistake.

Don't mean to hurt anyone's feeling whose child may have had a bad reaction to vaccines. My cause involves getting doctors to talk to us like the human beings that we are, and to include us in treatment development, which could be applied to vaccines. We don't deserve to be rich, compensated yes, but not super rich, because something went wrong in our lives.

This excludes criminal behaviors of course. Just referring to medical events where someone or institution must be a scapegoat.

The pain isn't the point, hope i'm making that clear....I think some people would honestly settle for true compassion and honesty from the person whose "fault" is determined - and feel better about it in the end.

If you are thinking I need to be in that position to understand, you would probably have a good point.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 03-05-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: wait a minute; i likely am in that position- toxic exposure...
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote