Thread: Getting past it
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I just swept sand out of the garage. Something I did about two weeks ago (only did one side then)

I got half the garage swept out first (my dad's side) and then I sat for a few minutes and started to sweep my side of the garage. I had to stop and sit because of my back about 3 times during that side. Then I had to walk to the backyard to dump the 30 pounds of sand that was inside the dust scoopy thingie. (I swear, it looked like I was dumping a box of cremains back there)

Walked back up to the front yard. Sat down for another 5 minutes, and then started to finish the garage. My dad pulled up about 10 minutes later. As soon as he was out of the car, I was handing him the broom and dust scoopy thingie and said "here, finish this for me." (I was nearly done)

Then I went, got a cold drink, and sat outside for awhile.

Two weeks ago, I was able to do one side of the garage without even stopping to rest...granted, it was 40 degrees outside, cloudy and I was pretty well rested that day.

Today, it was about 60 degrees outside (80 if you were in the sun with a white wall behind you) and it was bright sunshine out today. Plus, insomnia last night kept me up till 430 or 5am this morning. (and I got up at 11am)

My hands are shaking as I type this, and I'm about to take a nap in my computer chair while I watch my Tivo-ed episode of Glenn Beck.

I should have just left the sand on the floor in the garage, and waited till the neighbor has his leaf blower out...(he's nice, has blown sand out of our garage two years in a row with his leaf blower)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-06-2009), Blessings2You (03-06-2009), Jappy (03-06-2009), Niko (03-05-2009), SallyC (03-05-2009)