View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 06:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dave,
I've had epilepsy for 37 yrs. now and after seeing many different neuros I finally went to a university hospital and saw and Epileptologist (epi) who works together with a neurophycologist and neurosurgeon the 3 of them work together as a team. I have 2 cousin who had broken necks and were paralyzed thanks to a drunk driver so I can relate to what you are going through. One thing that concerns me is the neurontin, a few yrs. ago I was put on it for pain after I had a concussion but the drug caused me to have absence status sz. where I would be out of it for 40 min. to 3 hrs. if you have noticed that your sz. have gotten more servere you might want to get off the drug. I know that NBC Dateline had a show a few yrs. ago about the drug and how there was over $210 million in lawsuits because the drug was only approved for epilepsy but they were doing off market labeling with the drug, the drug caused sz. for people who never had sz. in there life, and 72 people ended there life while on the drug. My family Dr. put me on the drug and when I went to see my epi for a check up he took me off the drug immediately telling me it was worthless. I know if you go to an Epilepsy Center you can also see a neurosurgeon who can help you with your neck. Also cut back on the nutra sweet if you use it because that has been proven to trigger sz. for many people. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote