View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BigBug,
So after the her doctor sent a letter siting in outline the studies done, other failed treatments your wife had done & how this was generally used as a last resort for RSD pain relief they actually caved in & paid for it???? WOW I am truly amazed. Makes me sure wish I had insurance other than Medicare right now for sure. I don't think they would cave in for any reason. Not until it was paid for alot by other insurances. Unless...........What most insurance companies do is bargain to pay medical facilities, doctors & other types of medical professionals etc as close as they can to what Medicare pays for the same medical facilites, doctors & other professionals. So if one could site, like I said, all the above that you did plus what private insurance companies are allowing this procedure to be done they just might pay for it. Also, BigBug what type of doctor did the letter writing for your wife?? Was he a Pain Management or Neurologist or other type of doctor? That also would be worth knowing.

So is there anyone else out there that has had this procedure, 5 day inpatient Ketamine infusions, paid for by their insurance company. Doesn't matter if they have their insurance through their work or they pay for it on their own, it is considered to be private insurance. Anyway if your insruance has paid for this procedure we might all benefit from knowing this information. That way we can maybe get not only Medicare to pay for this but get other private insurance companies to ante up also. What do ya'll think???

It is worth a try right???

DebbyV

Last edited by Debby; 03-05-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added a question
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote