View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Hi from Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
Hi Pepper
My RSD started in my foot as well and spread up my leg to right above my knee within a 5 month period. I also have the itching which can drive me bonkers at times. Following my first nerve block the spread stopped and it's been 3 years now and I haven't had any further spread. It seems that you have been diagnosed early so you have a good chance of getting better. Have you had Physical therapy yet? They usually start with that. Also, there is a post on this forum from a few days ago that talks about a doctor in florida that treats RSD. His name is Dr. Hashmi. Some of the folks on this forum have gone to him . If you google his name you will find his site.Hope this helps you a little bit. Never be afraid to ask questions. That's how we all learn.....Jeannie
Hi, did you get RSD from surgery? I have had Physical therapy but stopped after 1 month, too painful...didn't help anyway...he has taken fluid off my knee 4 times. VERY painful and I've had cortisone shots...nothing helped so far...I did google Dr Hashmi and he is about 3 hours from me..I have stopped driving because of my foot, I can't move it, and I really can't ask someone to drive me that far...have you heard of any other doctors in Fla. I live near Tampa...I haven't found one yet...
Martg1946 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote