View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope15 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here also suffers from burning in their back. I have pain and burning in the usual spots, legs, arms, feet, hands, but sometimes my back feels like hot lava from the neck down to my behind. My burning mid back was one of my first symptoms. I have had an MRI on my lower spine, and though it has arthritis and compressed disks, they said there were no obvious nerve compression. I am now having MRI's on my thoracic and cervical spine on Monday. I had asked for these even though the neurologist there does not believe that is what is causing any of my neuropathy, but I think it is important to check out the condition of my spine. When I had an MRI in the eighties, I was told that I have compressed vertebraes in my neck, so I want to see whats going on. Anyone else deal with burning and pain in their back?

My back burns too, in fact it bothers me even more than my feet now, which have become so numb and tight that normal sensation in them is much diminished. It started in my buttocks and shoulders and progressed to my mid back where it is now and has been for over 2 years. I feel like I constantly have a bad sunburn. I mentioned it to my neurologist and he said that it is normal. I can live with it (I don’t take any medications because of an allergic reaction to Topaman and don’t like how Neurontin affects my brain). My face has started tingling and I’m dreading when it starts burning too.

Everything you read talks about the feet and sometimes hands but the peripheral nervous system consists of every nerve that is not in the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). The peripheral nervous system nerves can be sensory, motor or autonomic. Just keep on hoping that your symptoms remain entirely or primarily sensory.
Linda6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote