Thread: HOT feet??
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
diagno...
I don't think its the meds, but it could be a reaction.
The way that gabapentin (Neurontin) works- is for it to be in the bloodstream/body system at full dose 24/7/365.
You are on a starter dose at 900mgs/day, altho it seems that you are only taking it twice (600mgs/day?).
You wouldn't start to see any improvement or effect until you get to 1800-2700mgs/day, again- at timed doses to keep it at a max level 24/7.
If you don't take it as directed it won't work right.
Lifestyle changes are necessary with PN.
It is chronic and will be with you for a very long time.
The question is, how do you not let it impact you negatively, and keep on with your normal activities.
Taking meds as directed is a necessary part of that.
Your spot on Bob! You have to take the meds as directed. I have heavy sweating which has only come on in the last 5 months when my SFN spread over my entire body. I have been on 3600mg of Neurontin for about 3 years and never sweated so before, so I doubt that it has anything to do with the meds. I actually thought I might have some male form of menapause! (no offense ladies) My wife hates that I turn the ceiling fan above our bed on and off all night long! But, I wake up 3-4 times a night and have to change my sweaty t-shirt if I can't tunr the fan on when I need it. Fortunately, in AZ, we run ceiling fans most of the year!

Hang in there man!

Jay
Jay
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote