View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi sydneysnana,

Was a graft taken from your lower lip as a donor graft for another area of your mouth or did you have something removed from your lower lip?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysnana View Post
How do I explain???? My surgeon finally used the word "neuropathy", I'll start with that.

A year and half ago I had a procedure where a small graft was taken from the inside of my lower lip. The healing was pretty easy, although I was aware of a painful part of the area at one end of the graft site. The area has healed differently. There is a "bump" and a sensitivity that is there and VERY annoying. The surgeon gave me a shot of a steroid once, months ago and that made no difference.

I am trying to find out if this is treatable??? I'm ready to bite the area off!!(not really, that would hurt). It does cause me to bite other areas of my lips and mouth. My Surgeon does not know. He has finally referred me to his friend, an ear, nose, and throat Doctor. I would have thought a Periodontist. Before I go here and there I just want to know if something like this is fixable.

Thank you thank you!!!!
Michelle
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote