Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Wink Dear Abbie... wanted to stop by before 'break'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Here's the problem that I see. Mixed states are not stable. They don't usually stay mixed states. They can deteriorate and patients can end up in the hospital.
Indeed. Yes. Thank you Mari! i wish i could have pressed the Thanks button multiple times for that!

And yes, "end up in..." is right... i.e. the last resort becomes the only resort... and not a deluxe resort either. Something must be done NOW, or at least tried.

Pdoc sounds conscientious... thoughtful. Maybe he focused so much on taking on the case he missed the main point?? i.e. to stabilize you asap!

However, i dislike his waiting room situation. Usually, and preferably - partly for confidentiality and partly to maintain "safe" therapeutic boundaries, the office/appointments are set up so as to provide for minimal or NO contact between patients. (i dunno - maybe it's a clinic and they're not all his though... )

He also does not match your gender preference. i do not discount this; it is part of your comfort zone.

i am usually reluctant to "throw out" something before it has been fully tried but with the above 2 isues, i wonder if a different pdoc/situation might suit you better. However, it may be best to try to work with this for now, than to try another new person ... stressful, and seems unlikely to get you help sooner.

I like the suggestions of printing this or parts of it out... and faxing it... documents things... you don't have to deal with ppl etc. Also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
the difference between
our normal bad situation and
our very bad situation.

This guy does not know you yet and does not know the difference for you. You are going to just have to let him know what exactly is going on.

Or let the tdoc tell him.
YESS.... tdoc DOES know this difference in you.... if tdoc were willing to mediate/push concepts through to pdoc for you, being another professional AND one who knows you, it oughtta carry some weight. And, having just seen you, the pdoc may not require another stressful visit but perhaps be willing to call in a script. Talk to tdoc about the whole thing, anyway.

Well, Abbie, somehow, i do hope you can find a way to get meds adjusted, asap. Good luck.

~ waves ~ ... back to formerly scheduled 'break' now...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (03-07-2009)