View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrail View Post
About 3-4 mornings out of the week, I wake up and both my legs from below the knees to above the ankles have an intense (I mean enough pain to almost make me scream and cry) pain, burning, electrical stabs, crushing, needles, etc. It now takes about 20-40 minutes for it to go down to a dull pain. This started about 5 months ago, also when my SFN progressed over the rest of my body. At first I thought I just slept on them wrong, but I don't think I could be sleeping on them wrong for so many nights in a week.

Has anybody developed this? Man, the pain is excruciating like I have never felt before! My wife tried to rub them, but it did nothing but the normal sunburn pain from the rubbing motion on the skin.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Jay
Yes this is not uncommon to have pain upon waking in the morning. In fact many experience the pain waking them up in the midddle of night as the condition progresses. However, the good news is that there are effective medication for the nerve pain. Early in the disease Gabapentin works just fine. However, as the condition progresses Lyrica is the drug of choice. I don't know where you are in your disease, early or later. Check with your Neurologist and ask him which drug would be best for you.
EarlG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote