Thread: Going Backwards
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxie View Post
I would very much appreciate your comments on what has been happening to me and my PN.

I was diagnosed in August 2005. I had some rough years until early 2008 when I had a spinal cord stimulator put in. After 5 months, I began to enjoy a 30-40% decrease in pain. (Side note: Drs. expected a 25-30% reduction. I was their first PN patient and they are pleased with the results.)

I was able to reduce pain meds by 50% and began to excercise and walk. I have lost 20 lbs. Some days I had only minor pain until late afternoon, some days the pain would increase by 2:00 p.m. I was thrilled and doing well.

In January of this year, cold and rainy weather began to effect me all day, several days a week. That lasted until mid-February and now I am still not at the levels I was experiencing last Fall. The weather is good, I am struggling. I have an appt. with my neuro for early April but am interested in hearing from any of you.

My hands are now tingling and getting hot & red in the evening and they have not done this since the early days. My feet are more painful by about 10-15% but what has increased more is the tightness (glove & stocking???), redness and tingling. Sometimes adjusting my implant helps with the tingling, sometimes not.

It appears to me I am experiencing a set back.

I would appreciate any comments!

Have a great week-end all,
Doxie
Have you tried Lyrica? This drug certainly changed my life. It is a new drug for nerve pain and is very effective. Check with your Neurologist.
EarlG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doxie (03-09-2009)