View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferowens View Post
Good Morning,
It sounds like you might have similar to what I have. Mine back pain is not the result of a fall, but, I do get pain and tingling, numbness, etc going down to my feet sometimes. The protrusion in my spine presses up against nerves. I initially thought there was something wrong with my hip, and at 35, I was surprised at this. Turns out, my hips are technically fine, it's just that the nerves going down to my left side are getting pressed upon by the disc protrusion at L5 S1. Let me know how you progress and what they say. It'd be interesting to see if you go along the same direction in care. Sorry, by the way, what is RSD?
Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer for the replay...RSD is Refle Sympathic Dystrophy a central nervous system condition. The nerves are working overtime so there is constant pain. But I have worked with a very good doctor and I seem to be under control in that area. But this new problem could flare the RSD up at first they even thought it was the RSD spreading because it does spread throughout the body if not taken care of, but once I had the MRI and he saw the problem with the L5 an S1 he seems to think it's from the fall off the loft bed. I will be seeing a spine spec. in the next few weeks.

gabbycakes...
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote