View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyc13 View Post
Hi there, I am new to this site but so glad it exists. I have been living in Amsterdam but am a Perth gal and will be returning to Perth just as soon as I can get me enough pain killers to get through the journey home.

I had spinal surgery in Nov 2008 and unfortunately I am not progressing as we would have liked, so much so that I cannot walk more than 40 odd metres, or stand for longer than 10/15 minutes without an accute attack of sciatica, which invariably forces me down into a bending over, while sitting position to relieve the pain. Long story short, it's been suggested that I have a series of nerve blocks to offer me some respite from the pain which will also enable me to get stuck into some muscel rebalance thereapy.

1st question: Can anyone recommend a surgeon to do this?

2nd question: I have no idea of costs. Can anyone tell me how much or point me in the direction of a website for this info?

Am only 40 and have had back pain for the better part of 17 years. To say I'm over it would be an understatement. I'm hoping that perhaps one of you good people might offer me some advice or at least the name of a recommend neurosurgeon Perth based that I might talk further with.

Thanks. I feel better already just for sharing and asking for help from others that know....

Sallyc13
hi sally
i`m in the n/w uk
sophia

Last edited by Curious; 03-07-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: per NT guidelines
jane d mccartney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote