View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank yous and Update!

Thank you to everyone!!
All of your information was greatly appreciated and I will use it in my quest!
A special thanks to Faith for taking the time to write a list of exactly how she went about it! Thank you so much for your effort.. you have no idea how much I truly appreciate that!

Sorry I haven't been back to the boards sooner... I have been busy.. supposed to be back to work.. went yesterday, decided I couldn't do it today...

I did go and see the new doc.. she is a PA, but awesome.. and from research I guess she is very active in the study of MS. I knew I should have wrote down all my symptoms before I went but I decided to be lazy and I of course forgot half of them! I swear it would be easier to list the ones I haven't had!

I chickened out on asking about disability. I was afraid she would say "You are not disabled..." I don't want to feel like someone thinks I am lazy or just trying to work the system...

I have to go for a swallow study.. I figured out that I am unable to say AHHH when I have my mouth open... and the doc used the tongue depressor and for 3-5 seconds poked at the hangy thing in the back of my throat with no gag reaction... I didn't think it was that big of a deal.. she did... I guess I do choke on liquids quite often...

Last year was the last time I went to a neuro.. he ordered a MRI of my brain and spine... unfortunately.. after I had it done I was unable to go back to get the results due to insurance changes. The doc on Thursday had the results and all I know is I do have multiple brain lesions and lesions on my cervical and thorasic spine. That kinda creeped me out and gave me a reality check that this isn't a game... it's real... so I am starting a new MS therapy.. I was on copaxone when I was first diagnosed but my body started rejecting the medicine and I just quit taking it. I was given info on Rebif and Betaseron... I am supposed to choose by the time I go back on the 24th of this month. Any input about these meds would be appreciated...

I am sure there are other things I wanted to tell you guys... but I can't remember... imagine that!! Well have a good night.. I'll probably be on here for awhile...
Chazen18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote