View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

according too medical dictionaries

[B][I]Definition of Suicide
Suicide: The act of causing ones own death. Suicide may be positive or negative and it may be direct or indirect. Suicide is a positive act when one takes ones own life.

Suicide is a negative act when one does not do what is necessary to escape death such as leaving a burning building.

Suicide is direct when one has the intention of causing ones own death, whether as an end to be attained, or as a means to another end, as when a man kills himself to escape condemnation, disgrace, ruin, slow death etc.

Suicide is indirect (and not usually called suicide) when one does not desire it as an end or a means, but when one nevertheless commits an act which courts death, as in tending someone with SARS knowing that they may well succumb to the same illness.

Nik-key the analogy of the 'Falling man' was an example of the tradgerdy of taking ones life wether purposefuly or accidently and not meaningfully.

That poor mans death certificate has 'death by suicide' on it Fact.... NOT DEATH BY ESCAPING MURDER BY FIRE [instigated by terrorists committed to taking their OWN lives and potentialy thousands of others in an act of suicide and murder. ]

OUR AIMS are similar Nik-key, we both want to prevent any form of Suicide...because of the mess and devestation it leaves behind............but both from a different perspective...........

i survived my own dilema.............if i can prevent further dilemas......or deter others through my experience.........then i will ............

you have surived your Fathers Suicide.................you have a message as well ................and your message will deter many.......i promise you...

but we both have a place...................[.if not then suicide will always be out there, because people will not accept the other side of the coin]

Im sorry i tried nearly 17 years ago i'm sorry i tried at 13 years old..........i'm sorry that without medication i feel suicdal ...........[and that seems selfish too many]

BUT when a cure arrives to take these thoughts of death by ones hand away..is here...........i give you my word i will be first in the queue.

David

ps.....for all those budding theologans out there [ baring in mind i was once contemplating the preisthood]so its not a slur on religion but yet another thing to contemplate over...............

Did Jesus committ suicide or did he knowingly walk into the hands of murder'ers [even telling others before hand that a cruel death was his fate]

Did he not say he was preparing to shed his blood to free others............

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-09-2009), bizi (01-13-2013), pono (03-08-2009), reyn (03-09-2009), who moi (03-08-2009)