View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PN + Mortons Neuroma

I have had PN in my feet for the past 5 years. (I have posted here several times before.) Having stopped drinking alcohol (the cause of my PN) and taking the appropriate supplements (Benfotiamine, magnesiun, calcium, etc.) managed to have a quite remarkable improvement within 6 months of doing these things - and was finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel... until I began experiencing other symtoms in my left foot. After various totally incorrect diagnoses I was finally (last week) diagnosed with Mortons Neuroma in both feet. Bizzarely, the right foot only began - suddenly -to show (severe) syptoms from around the time of the Ultrasound - which showed the condition in both feet. The right foot is now far worse then the left. I currently have both feet "bandaged" to try to provide some support. I am basically "housebound" until my next visit to the Podiatrist. I have - so far - been told that there is no connection between the PN and the Mortons Neuromas. I am, however, suspicious, especially after having read of other PN sufferers / Members of this Forum having both conditions. From what I have read about the surgery, I DO NOT like the sound of it at all!!
This seems such a bizarre thing to happen, when I was finally appearing to get on top of the PN - which had so far been the worst thing that had ever happened!!
I would love to hear any thoughts, opinions, recommendations and experience of other members!!

Last edited by murgy; 03-07-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: To correct typing errors!!
murgy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote