View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:35 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

nik,

cover your eyes for this post or skip it...Just a warning...

I am trying to put myself in that person who just jumped off one of the Twin Towers and I am wondering at that precise moment for that person to reach that decision...

I am trying to put myself in a position where I am terminally ill...I may one day have cancer again, who knows...but for now, I am good...but it does scare me...

so, it is easier for me to put myself in that position if the doctor tells me I am going to die in a few months, and I am in grave pain to the point that I cannot move....

I now am thinking, in those moments...what would my decision be...

If I was trapped on that tower and it was hot and I knew that there was NOT another way out, I would jump. Because it would be on my term...

if I was given a death sentence, I would choose to end my own life. ON my term...

the difference between those and choosing to end life in other ways is that the situations become different...

I think about when I first tried and the last time I tried it. And as I am reflecting, my reasoning has changed.

The first time, when I was 14, it was because I thought that was it for me. That at age 14, that WAS going to be my life the rest of my life. I couldn't walk, I was isolated, and I was in bed all the time...life seemed pretty dark...

the last time I tried it, I was alone also, but for a different reason...part of it was also I was in love with someone that I just didn't have a chance with...and my heart was broken...

and all the times that I THINK about it between the times and after the times that I tried. Those times are a little bit different...

sometimes, it could be simply something as a trigger that can send me flying...but I can CONTROL those urges...

I am NOT sure, til this day WHY I did try those few times...I have to tell you, it took every ounce of my being to try those times. It was NOT easy...

I even tried to talk myself out of it....getting to that point was like rolling a dice and saying F* it....

I look at my average temper and there are times when I get really angry and all I see IS red and I would say F* it even though the decision would be horrible consequences which I actually DO know what the outcome would be...

I'd still say, F* it....

as I've gotten older, those F* it moments are far and inbetween now...

anyways, just thinking out loud....I have been insomnic again...hate these cycles...

David, that's a good question you've raised about Jesus...I think Ghandi knew he was going to die also...

the thought of martyrdom is something else that is interesting in this suicide spectrum....

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-09-2009), bizi (01-13-2013), DMACK (03-08-2009), pono (03-08-2009)