View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new to community

My husband was involved in an accident in May of last year. His original diagnois was left shoulder/thoratic sprain and left wrist sprain. Since about September of last year, and 4 doctors later, his pain managment dr diagnosed CRPS. We are now at a stand still waiting for the workmans comp company to decide whether or not they will accept this condition. Today, his left had was so swollen and purple that his nails started to turn black. He went into the ER, where they gave him a shot of some strong meds and doing an ultra sound to ensure there were no blood clots and sent him on his way. The ER doctor had to look up CRPS to see what it was all about. After being home and laying back in the recliner with his hand over his head, he his fingernails were no longer black, the swealing and purple color is always there however. Our lawyer is trying everything he can to try and get this approved so my husband can have a spinal cord stimulator trial. If he has to try and control pain with meds (which do not give him much relief) he will no longer be able to drive for a living since he will loose his cdl. We are still having a hard to accepting how diabling this is. I have read over this board for many months, but just now feel like I can post our story... it's nice to know we are not alone...
rsdwife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote