View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
Usually getting no relief at all from block is a sign the pain is now SIP or Sympathetically Independent Pain, and no long SMP or Sympathetically Maintained Pain. When pain is SMP, blocks tend to give some kind of relief. Further blocks won't do anything to help, after 3 of them with no response. I had 1 and it threw me into a 2 month flare! Haven't found many others who had that kind of reaction. LOL I'm rather weird anyway.

Draining the blood from the arm? I don't see how the heck that would help anything! That sounds really wierd to me.

What comes next in rsd treatment really depends on the doc. Every one of them has a different way of going about things. There's no "rules" for what to do once you have rsd. Generally it's just finding what works for you.

Glad to have you here but sorry it's because of rsd.

Hugs,

Karen
I think Karen is exactly right. I think my pain is SMP from all I have read and due to the origin of my onset. Fortunately, the blocks do work at least temporarily. I have had 5 SGB now but PT, to loosen up my shoulder, exacerbates the CRPS so I am now looking at number 6 very soon! God I hate this disease. And I do have the best docs, thank you ***
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote