View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Okay, here's the latest. I have an extremely sensitive area on my back (sensitive to touch) and on my right leg and foot. My right leg is getting numb but not completely. It's done this before. Could this be sx of transverse myelitis? I'm having alot of difficulty walking after first getting up from a lying or sitting position. Once I move for a few minutes it gets easier but my gait is definitely affected. All this happened after weeks of fatigue.

I know I have the EBV in my system and it shows itself every once in a while. I've had mono and Bell's Palsy so I know it's dormant in my system.

I'm also having shortness of breath. I looked that up as a sx of MS and found out that it's quite common.

I also looked up TM and my sx mirror many of the sx listed for that condition, too. I'm not looking for additional things to be wrong with me....believe me....but these sx I can't just ignore.

My vision, which is usually the first sx to present itself when I relapse, is fine. No issues with that. The weather is changing daily here and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. The weather affects me so much....but the sx of TM I don't think would be associated with the weather. Or would they?

I hate complaining. It sounds like I'm falling apart but I'm not. I can still walk. Still see. But these sx are hard to ignore. I'm supposed to go to the Neuro on 3/19 but I think I'll probably have to cancel the appointment. It's $185 without insurance and I surely cannot afford that. I'll talk to them first to see if they can lower the charges for me because I really need to be seen.

Wish me luck!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clark49 (03-11-2009), SallyC (03-08-2009)