View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It happened to me, too!!

Hi Tena:

I had a similar situation happen to me at a restaurant recently. I broke a molar in half on a rock or nut shell in my green salad w/pecans. I filed an accident report at the restaurant and contacted their insurance company the next day. The insurance company's adjuster called me back. He was rude and abrupt and said, "rocks or shells are a natural ingredient in dishes that contain pecans" and "their company would not pay for my new $890 crown ..."

I proceeded to write a letter to the manager of the restaurant (copied it to the insurance adjuster) and told him our family, friends, and neighbors had enjoyed this restaurant for years - I told him of my treatment by their insurance adjuster and that I would it make it my career to spread the word of my treatment and that his restaurant would likely lose 50+ current and potential customers.

I closed the the letter with the statement saying that I was disabled and had nothing but time to fight this situation in small claims court. (Being disabled with no job does have its advantages). My dentist received a check in a week. Don't give up - use your disability to your advantage.

Good luck.

Pam
PDPam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote