View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
*thinking. Maybe the Rubayat of Omar Khayyam?
http://www.okonlife.com/

saved the link, Lara. I've heard of him but never further investigated. Thanks!

when I was a kid and overseas, there was a huge mountain near where we lived. My mom always warned us NOT to go there by ourselves telling us that kids have gone up there and fell to their deaths (I am sure NOW, that it was a tall tale, LOL)

In third grade, when I was about 8, my friends and I snuck out none of us told our parents and we went to the mountains (We all had lied and told our parents that we were just going to meet and play)

anyways, we forgot to bring water, we thought we were invincible. We sang and we climbed (part of it was paved pretty well)

and then, we got hungry and thirsty. We became scared and came down.

and we were all dirty also. LOL

I can remember that while it was easier coming down in some respects, it was actually harder in other respects. Going up and looking up, we saw what was up. Coming and and seeing what was down, made me realized that I was afraid of heights.

Of course, we got caught and got punished.

As I am typing this out to you I have a big smile in my face. I remembered ALL their names and I haven't seen them in over 30 years...and I have to say that I have just learned another lesson, TODAY from the mountain climbing that I did all those years ago....
*bigsmile...

and thanks for all the inputs and sharing the love of Kahlil.

One of the reasons why I love his writing is "Elegance in Simplicity" which is on my business card.

He writes elegantly and not in your face. He writes simply, yet the lessons are deep and personable.

he writes powerfully but the power are so subtle.

It's Zen like or tantric like.

I just feel "enlightened" each time that I remember to read his writings...and in bits and pieces...

LOL sorry to blabber on....

for the room

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-08-2009), mistiis (03-10-2009), Nik-key (03-08-2009)