View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It would seem it might be an indication of spinal lesion activity, based on my personal experience with that.

Transverse Myelitis is very extreme, Kelly. I went completely numb from the chest down, had no bladder/bowel control, electric shocks plaguing my entire body, paralysis, skin sensitivity to the point that I couldn't handle a wrinkle in the bedsheets or even seams on clothing, etc., etc. . . .

What happened to me is what would likely be considered a fairly classic example of a TM attack, but it is really the severity that determines whether a spinal lesion attack with MS is a full-blown TM, or just spinal lesion activity.

When I get that numbness and fatigue, the first thing I check for is infection of any kind. I get it when I am run down or fatigued too . . . and it usually blows over without becoming any more serious. In fact, I have it now with all the stress that is going on with my daughter.

It is normally accompanied by excess fatigue and brainfog as well. How our brain's are messed by spinal inflammation is beyond me . . . but it happens for me too. Of course those symptoms are much, much worse with full-blown TM as well.

I know those symptoms are somewhat debiltating, and definitely upsetting . . . but chances are that you are going to just get past this without things getting any worse. Just make sure you get LOTS of rest, and are checked for a UTI/sinus infection, etc.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-08-2009), SallyC (03-08-2009)