View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I think I replied to this in another thread but I will reply again anyhow.

I also get the itching. I spoke to my Pain Management Doctor about it a few months ago when it first started happening and he said that unfortunately, it is a pretty common symptom of RSD although not everyone gets it.

Have you ever tried Anti-Isthamines (sp?)?? My Doctor suggested that I tried them as they can be useful. I tried them and they helped a little so maybe they will help you also? Also, check the side effects of any meds that you are on as some side-effects to medications can be itching ... I know my oral Ketamine causes me to itch a lot when I take it sometimes.

From what I have been told by my PM Doctor, there aren't really any medications that help with the itching - the best things are allergy tablets etc. I get the itching all over my body although it is worst in my RSD limbs (my left leg, right arm and possibly left arm also).

I wish I could help you more but please just know that you aren't alone and that I DO understand what you are going through and how annoying and embarrassing it is!! If you ever want to talk, please know that I am here for you!

Good Luck with your appt on Friday - I hope you can get some answers and please keep us updated when you can!!