View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default could it be connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Hi - I have autoimmune hep and was diagnosed 11 years ago. I have never met or corresponded to any persons with this problem. What do you want to know. ? Do you want to correspond?::
yes, I would like to correspond. Have you ever had a case of shingles? My husband was treated for Cll and although the treatment put the chronic leukemia in remission it caused major issues with his liver. Liver toxicity as shown in the biopsy a year ago. Everything went back to normal until recently, approx. a month or so ago his liver and spleen enlarged again and although the Cll is still in remission his liver enzymes are out of whack. going along with this, he has shingles, and fluid in his abdomen, legs and feet. I recently read an article about someone with chicken pox (the reactivated dormant virus that causes shingles) that was diagnosed with Autoimmune hep and treated with prednisone and responded beautifully over a course of months. The liver swelling went down and enzymes normalized. Logically seems that the shingles virus could be connected to my husbands liver issues. He was not taking any medications, does not drink and so something seems to have caused the liver to whack out again. Does this seem logical...I know very little about autoimmune hep but the article about the chicken pox virus peaked my interest!
u smile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote