View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello and Welcome to Neurotalk, RSDWife!! You will meet lots of great people here who I am sure will be more than happy to help you in anyway they possibly can!!

I am SO sorry to hear about everything that you and your husband have been through and I really hope your husband can get the help and treatment that he desperately needs real soon!!! Has your husband had a Nerve Block before? Lots of Doctors like to do them when they first diagnose someone with RSD and they can be used as a Diagnostic tool also. If your husband decides to have a nerve block, please do a lot of research and ensure that his doctor doesn't inject directly into his RSD leg - I made that mistake and was left with pretty severe complications. Many people have had lots of relief from the nerve blocks though, especially if they are performed early on in the RSD diagnosis.

My leg goes black sometimes like your husbands does also. I have RSD in my left leg and right arm and possibly left - I developed it when I was 12 years old after an ankle sprain and am now 14. When my leg first swelt up and went black, my PM Doctor was really concerned and thought I had a blood clot also but the ultrasound showed nothing just decreased circulation and muscle swelling from the RSD.

Does your husband have Physical Therapy?? It is extremely important that he keeps moving his leg as much as possible - I KNOW it is painful but it is probably the one thing that will help and that is really important. My PT's always tell me if I don't move my leg, I will end up losing it which is true so I always try and move it as much as possible. I have PT once a week at my local childrens hospital and also do PT at home on a daily basis.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask - I am more than happy to help you in anyway I possibly can as I DO understand some of what you and your husband are going through and how frustrating and scary it is. Please don't be afraid to come here for support for yourself also ... it is really important that you know that you aren't alone and we are all here for you!!!

Thinking about you and hope to see you round here more soon!!! Please send my love to your husband!