View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Debby, you sound like me! LOL I haven't had any infections or even been sick in quite some time. I'm, quite literally, healthy as a horse! :-) I found it odd recently that hubby has had at least 2 colds in the past...oh 6 months, maybe longer and my daughter 1. One week to the day, always, never failed I'd end up with a cold too. I've not caught any of the 3 colds at all! I waited and waited and got a mite nervous nearing that 7 day point to get a slight fever and hacking cough. Nothing!! Has rsd made me less susceptible? It sure seems that way to me. LOL

You're experience with severe dysplasia/cervical cancer was a lot like mine. It's been 14 yrs now since I went through it. The doc did the leep procedure within days of confirming and got rid of it. He had told me if I had waited even one more week or less to have that check up, I would have had full blown cervical cancer. I'm happy for both of us it was caught in time. For me, the pid happened over a year before that incident. I don't think it's connected simply because I really did expect a female cancer to pop up. It runs in my family big time. Not one woman in my family has gone through menopause. For one reason or another they've all had to have hysterectomies. I'm lucky that one incident was my only problem and I've been in perimenopause since I was 30-31 yrs old. LOL I wish it would just quit already!

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.