Thread: Got a bad bug
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Got a bad bug

I started feeling bad last Wednesday. We had been in Lexington for the weekend and my 2 year old grandaughter had a cold so maybe I caught something from her. She did a lot of coughting and two year olds don't do a good job of covering their mouth. Plus I held her little hand a lot so I would have gotten the germs anyway.

Anyway, it started out with just the sniffles, I brushed it off as maybe one of my numerous sinus infections. Then came the bad coughing. The cough isn't in my lungs at all. But it is a hard cough and sometimes sounds like a lot of congestion in my upper airway. I didn't start running a temp until Friday night. My temp is normal during the day but by bedtime it si 100.5. I am just drained from all the coughing. My throat, head and upper back hurt from all the coughing. I called my doc on Friday and got started on an antibiotic and got some cough syrup. I don't know about you folks but I have never found a cough syrup that works well. So I will call him again first thing tomorrow.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (03-09-2009), SallyC (03-09-2009), Twinkletoes (03-09-2009)