View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlG View Post
Yes this is not uncommon to have pain upon waking in the morning. In fact many experience the pain waking them up in the midddle of night as the condition progresses. However, the good news is that there are effective medication for the nerve pain. Early in the disease Gabapentin works just fine. However, as the condition progresses Lyrica is the drug of choice. I don't know where you are in your disease, early or later. Check with your Neurologist and ask him which drug would be best for you.
Thanks Earl. Unfortunately, my insurance won't cover Lyrica because its not approved by the FDA for SFN. And my neuro doc won't dx fibromyalgia just so the insurance company will cover it (I guess too by-the-book!). My SFN has far advanced over my entire body, the only thing left is the nerves dying off which will cause me not to be able to sense temperature at all. Other than that, not sure what else there is I'm not dealing with now.

Any thoughts on what happens in the advanced stages so I can compare to where I'm at now?

Jay
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote