View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
safe to assume everybody lies, and they automatically double whatever amount the patient tells them
While I suspect that it is true that the people spoken to by drug and alcohol counsellors tell a few porkies about how much they drink, it doesn't stand to reason that the rest of the population automatically lies.

Personally I would like to drink rather more than I do, as I tend to forget about alcohol then am pleasantly surprised when I do have the occaisional drink and wonder why I don't do so more often (my last glass of wine was about 10 days ago at a Thai resturant). Actually I can go weeks/months between drinks very easily. Doesn't mean that I don't have all sort of other vices, I am an ex smoker, but alcohol and I have obviously never really developed much of a relationship.

Over eaters tend to under report how much they eat, over drinkers ditto, but some of us (like me ) are just plain weird.

cheers

raglet

btw, if you enjoy the odd drink then I personally wouldn't give it up. It's like me and milk - my doctor tested me and I am allergic to milk, but honestly, I'd rather have the asthma then give up all that gorgeous cheese. The moral of the story is never be tested for allergy to something you are not prepared to give up
Raglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote