View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Angiogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerize View Post
hi! i don't think i can really offer you any useful info... i just wanted to say that i'm kinda in a similar situation, just a little earlier in the process! i had an MRI and MRA last monday because of persistent headaches and a slight difference in my pupil sizes. on friday my neurologist told me they found a 2mm aneurysm and that i need to have an angiogram. i don't even remember the location of it, since i was kinda freaking out at the time. was the angiogram that bad? i've been reading about them and they don't sound very fun.

i'm 28, no family history of these, although i have a bunch of other random medical issues including celiac disease and thyroid problems. and i usually have very low blood pressure, so i guess that's a good thing here?
The angiogram isn't bad at all. I had it with the CT scan with and without contrast, so the weirdest part was having the iodine injected. The iodine makes your body feel really hot, but it only lasts for about 15 seconds. However, the machine for the angio/CT scan doesn't have all the loud banging that the MRI/MRA machine does, so it is much nicer.
I know exactly what you mean about missing information because you were freaking out...I tried to write down pieces of information when I first heard, but it was so random and didn't make any sense. Since then, I've been taking my husband to doc meetings with me.
It is very scary, but there are some very inspiring stories on this site and others. Good luck to you!
luvlyf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote