View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Surgery causes TOS to flair....

I don't think we have ever touched up on this subject but I wanted to ask any of you about this.

I know I am probably ahead of all of you in having surgeries besides TOS. I'm not trying it just seems to be my life story. I have had 17 surgerical procedures since 95. The first one was the appendectomy with tumors removed and it goes on and on.

This surgery I had Thursday, they laid me on my back and had my left arm out about half way to being straight out to put the blood pressure cup on me. The right side I had the IV, my worst enemy with these surgeries. I'm waiting until they come up with a way to put that medicine in us without those needles. So much for modern medicine. LOL Anyway when I came home my TOS was really acting up on my right side. That's my TOS surgery side and surgeries gets it going when nothing else does.

Everytime I have spent nights in the hospital my PCP has had to get me out of there because of not being able to lay in bed for any length of time without the TOS starting up. It is so uncomfortable that I go into panic attacks. I actually have gotten dressed before I knew I was getting out, I was just so desperate to get out.

I was wondering if any of you have delt with this at all. Most surgeries we are laid on our back and flat on a hard table. I'm wondering too about if Ishould make the Drs. aware of this problem before I go into surgery. I'm always afraid to add anymore info to the Dr. then he already knows. Sometimes I'm gutsy if I am comfortable with the Dr. but most of the time I think I just need to keep my mouth shut. I always tell them I have RSD so they can do blocks if they are offered in hospitals.

I just never thought to ask about this before but this surgery brought to mind all of the memories of the past surgeries.

Thanks,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote