View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydee View Post
Hello:

I have a couple of questions on PN.

I have stiffness in the morning in my heels, calf and foot that doesn't last more than 5 minutes. It hurts to walk on my feet when I first wake up, but then does get better. Does anyone else have this symptom?

I also have pain in my calf and heel if seated too long in the same position. Does anyone else have this symptom?

My pain started as numbness in my feet, then pain, which spread up my legs, knees and in the thigh muscles. Is this typical for most PN sufferers?

Lastly, I understand that the nerves have to heal before they can get better. What does the healing process feel like? Is it similar to the pain I've been having since the onset.

Thanks!
Hi Sunny -

I have something similar I think. Each time after being seated or laying down for a while, when I stand up from those positions I have stiffness and some discomfort in my ankle and lower calf and feet. I have wondered many times if this is because I've let my muscles get out of shape or if the neuropathy is causing this.

It has gotten to the point that I have to stand up and sorta move the muscles around before I can be sure I can walk. My husband calls it the Fred Sanford shuffle. And it does look like that.
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote