View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hello Jonee and Welcome to Neurotalk - you will meet many great people here who I am sure will be more than happy to help you in anyway they possibly can!!

I am SO sorry to hear that your daughter has been diagnosed with RSD and I really hope she starts feeling better soon and can get some much-needed pain relief!!

I also have RSD. I have it in my left leg, right arm and possibly left arm also. I developed it when I was 12 years old after an ankle sprain and I am now 14. If I can help you or your daughter, please let me know - I am more than happy to do so if I can!!

I have heard from quite a few people that have RSD in their stomach area. I used to speak to a boy who had RSD in his stomach and was in lots of pain and went onto Dr Sherry's PT Program in Philledelphia and his RSD went into remission!! It doesn't seem that common for RSD to develop in the stomach but it is possible from what I have been told. Is your daughter on any pain medications at the moment??? If so, I would look up the side effects of some of the meds as some can cause stomach problems such as Irratable Bowl Syndrome etc - I know many drugs for me did. Don't just put everything down to RSD - I know that it usually is RSD most of the time unfortunately but it is really important that you rule other conditions out first that might be easy to be treated!!

Take care and please send your daughter my love and give her a pain-free hug from me! If you need anything, please know that I am here for you because I DO understand some of what you are going through!!!!

Alison.
loretta (09-25-2010)