Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Erin, I'm glad you are getting some answers.

Since you are on Pred, I'm wondering if that "shaky" feeling is diabetes. I don't want to add to your concerns but that can happen while on Pred. If it is Pred-induced diabetes, one of your doctors needs to check for it and take care of it right away. At least ask your internist to check your blood glucose, okay? Please don't wait until the 16th when you see your neuro. Yes, it might be muscle weakness but it might not be.

If the inhaler worked during your breathing tests, it may mean that you might have some lung inflammation (i.e., asthma). Did they use Albuterol? That's what they usually use.

Do you know if they checked your MIP and MEP? Those are the breathing tests that specifically show muscle weakness of your chest wall muscles. My pulmonologist always does those tests. That's what usually tanks when MG is getting worse.

I hope they can do something to bring your blood pressure down. In the long term, it can adversely affect the kidneys (my Dad had kidney failure from high blood pressure).

Sounds like you have good doctors. I hope you can get some rest and do something other than doctoring!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote