Thread: another day???
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey, I'm okay....didn't mean to worry anyone. I think it's just one of those days; they pass.....I know that it will. Believe me, I'm FAR too stubborn (hubby says "bullheaded"; imagine such a thing!) but, I guess if anyone would know about that it would be him!!!

I talked to my adoptive mom today and that was good; those parents are two of the very best things that ever happened to me. They adopted me soon after my mother died when I was a young teen. They have 6 kids, plus everyone's married now with kids.....huge family. I miss them a lot but I know they're there and doing the things that they need to be doing at this time. We've always said that we were going to write "our story" about how they came from the east coast to the midwest, meet and adopt me, marry me off - only to go back east. Now that would be a story. Kind of like the underneath of the tapestry that you can't see at the time.....but it turns out beautiful. I'm blessed; I honestly DO know that....I think I just forget sometimes.

Sorry, Nik, for my earlier post. I hope you start feeling better...being sick plus having Lynn on your mind is far too much. And I know that next week is coming too soon for you. Thanks to you - and to everyone else - who responded. Guess I just needed a "pick me up"....and you've done it. Guess there's something to being a bit stubborn.

Actually I think that I could possibly have one more book in me. I counted my blank books (such an obsession!)....123! Now, I know that I won't be able to fill them all and I don't write as often as I used to....but I think I still have something to say. I'm keeping one for the grandkids since communication is not allowed....and I haven't said anything negative about their parents. So hard to do...my tongue is nearly in half!!!! But, I'm trying to be positive for them because I know that there isn't a lot of that with them right now.....(new mantra....."I can do it.....I can do it....") Wonder if there's anything to that??? I'll try it and let you know.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-09-2009), barbo (03-11-2009), BlueMajo (03-10-2009), Curious (03-09-2009), Lara (03-09-2009), mistiis (03-10-2009), Nik-key (03-09-2009), who moi (03-09-2009)