View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blush re-dosing of HiCy

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm on schedule to re-dose with HiCy at the end of April. Still not 1000% positive of this choice - mainly b/c pulling it all together seems like much more of a hurdle this time. I may have to hire "help" to be with me.

I had a MRI on Friday. The tech was a real a$$hole. Usually they are way nice. Anyhow, it did not show any enhancing lesions and the previous one from December was slightly smaller - so that was good news. Of course, it doesn't account for the problems I've been having. The steroids did seem to help quite a bit though. But glad they are over with now!! They make me way TOO nutty.

Insurance has already approved the redosing. They certainly moved fast this time! Hopkins has openings in April - but in May they get busy again, so it looks like if I'm moving forward, it is April. I'm a little scared b/c I think the risks increase with the more you use cytoxan.

I did ask a bunch of questions that really are for the oncologists and not the neuros. Still waiting for answers on those.

I just don't know of many other options other than just sitting and waiting to see what happens. (Right now I am on Copaxone.) I could go back on Tysabri, but I think I was allergic to it - and the risk of the JC virus/PML is higher b/c I had chemotherapy. Interferons are not an option for me due to terrible depression. I suppose I could do the regular chemo options but they don't boast much of a result. Five relapses in one year...I just don't think sitting and just using copaxone is the answer....but no one has any other answers. I did ask the neuros about using a double-dose of copax, but when I asked in the past, they didn't think it would make much of a difference....so not sure anything has changed on that front.

Is going gung-ho and full force attacking the MS my best chance at a full future? (I know, I know, you don't have the answer to that) :sigh:

Ho hum.

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-09-2009), Bearygood (03-09-2009), Lady (03-11-2009), SallyC (03-09-2009)