View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cryo update!

Thank you Glenn, Augie and Cyclelops for your responses.

No Cryoprecipitates were detected in the test that I had done three weeks ago -which is very good -I guess!

The General Physician who I saw and who originally ordered the Cryoglobulinaemia test was equally as validating when I saw him again last week. He treated me with respect and suggested that in ten years time a lot of this currently unknowable stuff will be much more easily diagnosed as they at present do not have the tools for testing.

He believes that I would benefit from having a course of IVIG which he will suggest to my Professor Pulmonologist.

I felt that this guy really 'got it' immediately. He took on board the complexity of my myriad symptoms and understood that there was a legitimate basis for it all.

It's interesting because since I have had a positive test for Gastroparesis (almost zero gastric emptying for solids) in January this year, I am being treated as being more credible with my other symptoms -whereas before with some of the doctors I'm sure they thought it was all in my imagination, as nothing at all was testing positive.

Cyclelops: What's involved with IVIG? An IV insertion obviously but how long does each infusion take? Is it painful like IM gammaglobulin? What length course is recommended? How do they monitor effect?

Better health to you all!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote