View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 12:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry, for the sitch, I know how you feel. I am applying right now for SSDI and am unsure what the future will bring. I plan to call my mortgage company tomorrow to see what they can work out. I found some take home data entry work for my wife and she also teaches piano every afternoon into the evening. We have a 6 year old son. It will be tough for us, we'll have to move and lose our home if I cannot get something worked out with the mortgage company and will become renters. But, we thought it was important to get the ball rolling with SSDI. But, in my situation, I cannot work anymore (severe SFN), so it was not a choice for us. We currently pay over a grand a month for our family's health insurance as I have been self-employed for many years and no group health insurance. I cannot leave my plan due to pre-existing conditions.

Can you find some work you can do from home? Maybe a couple of part time jobs? I know its hard for you cause you need the health insurance. My wife considered working at a grocery store, doesn't require many skills and you get health insurance without having to be full time, but the hours wouldn't work with her students. And I was able to find some at home work for her with an accountant friend of mine.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you and your family and hope you find some way to make everything work out. Just try to keep your thoughts as cheerful as you can around your kids so any effect to them is minimal. Having a good family life is essential to get through these tough times.

Jay
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote