Thread: Discoloration
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default glove-wearers, unite!

Hi Mark, I get something similar but a little different. After walking on a warm day my hands will be swollen and will look really freaky - the knuckles will be all white and the fingers will be swollen and red - quite attractive!! None of my doctors, including Dr. Togut, have been able to explain that one. You mention your fingers burning from the cold - have you noticed them being overly sensitivity to cold? If so, it could be Raynaud's phenomenon, as DreamBeliever suggested. I have Raynaud's. When your hands do turn cold, have you noticed whether they also turn ghostly white? When I have a Raynaud's attack - which can be triggered by something as simple as brushing my teeth in cold water, or, like you say, the frozen foods section - my fingers will turn completely white and burn, ache, and turn numb. As they come back to life they turn bright red and purple and feel like electricity is running through them - it's horrible. (I wear gloves to the grocery store year-round, and living in Texas I do get some strange looks! ) Is that similar to what happens to your hands in the cold? Just a thought.

Hugs,
Nolina:
Nolina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote