View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have full body SFN, and, with a body lit on fire, I agressively wanted every test I could have done to try to put it out.

But, and this is only my experience, I share with you that I have had the most terrible response to having an LP. It has exacerbated my problems to no end, causing stroke-like symptoms - constant right glute muscle spams, pressure in the right side of my skull, at times debilitating cognitive difficulties - which all become even more severe, and this is seven months after the test, with any physical exertion. Taking a flight of stairs will lay me out.

I've had MRI/A's every three months since and the brain is fine. UCLA and Hopkins couldn't figure out what the hell is going on, and I'm off to UCSF next week. Alas, somehow and in some way, the LP itself has caused a spreading of my nerve dysfunction nightmare, which is in certain ways worse than the original burning.

Anyway, for almost anyone, an LP is a safe, and good, option to take in trying to figure this maddening condition with which we are afflicted. But I certainly wish I could take back mine.

-- Dennis
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote