View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Wink Why I'm a little loopy at the moment...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING CENTRE BRISBANE

I'm not sure if that is a static link or whether it'll change after I've posted it, but I just wanted to show you all what's happening at MY place. LOL

See where it says on the map Tewantin? Then there's red lettering that says See Also ? Well underneath Tewantin and parallel to all the red lettering is a little headland and I live there.

Well, it built up to a Catagory 5 Cyclone (Hurricane) some days ago. It seems like weeks, it wasn't. Then it's slowly but surely come down the Great Barrier Reef and here it is sitting up off the coast making it's mind up whether to go away or turn around and come back. lol

They've downgraded it now to a category 3. Earlier today it was a 4. Now the weather people have decided to tell us 2 things. It'll either go away or it will turn around and come back in. One minute they downgrade the constant warnings and next thing they tell us to prepare for shocking weather the next few days whether it goes or stays.

I don't trust weatherpeople. Sorry weatherpeople, but that's just how I feel.

BTW the surf is astounding. The power! The howling at the beach. It's eerie. No beaches left here but they'll build up again I'm sure.

Well, just letting you all know in case I seem a little loopy lately. It's been quite an adventure. I just went outside and there's no rain and no gale force winds. Maybe the weatherpeople got it wrong again?!
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-10-2009), barbo (03-10-2009), Curious (03-10-2009), GmaSue (03-11-2009), Koala77 (03-10-2009), mrsD (03-10-2009), Nik-key (03-10-2009), who moi (03-10-2009)