View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Jay. I'm afraid that my husband just might be in the place where he can NOT work anymore. I know he won't be able to pass a physical and whenever he does apply he has to stop his medications to pass the drug testing. Of course he does have a valid prescription for them but then comes the explanations about why they are prescribed. No "blue collar" company wants to hire a employee with pre-existing back problems.
As for me I started a home based business before, almost right before, all this happened. I am a digital artist and designer. I've had a few jobs doing logo work however this is not something that I can depend on. Thanks so much for your nice words and for the good thoughts.

ColbyMoore,

Thanks to you too. We live in northern Ky. My husband has almost always worked up in Cincinnati. I appreciate the advice about the attorney. I spent some time looking at some yesterday and was wondering if it was best to hire one from the start.

I think we will wait until after his next MRI and appt. with the Dr. and go from there. I'm sure the Dr. will have no problems with writing my husband up something for disability. He's suggested it to my husband before but mostly because of our young children my husband has not wanted to go this route unless he had no other choice. Unfortunately we didn't realize just HOW long it might take. When I read of it taking years in some cases it just makes us want to give up before we start. Oh and thanks so much for the link! That's one I haven't seen I think
eRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote