Old 03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
At least they're giving you the option.

I saw a couple on a news show that had a credit card (a Visa, I think) and the bank that issued it lowered their credit limit to whatever balance they were carrying on the card. Pretty much cut their limit in half with no notice. Now, they have no available credit and it's affected their credit score because it now looks like they have maxed out their card. And they were hit with an over-limit fee when they raised their interest rate because they were now at their limit! They hadn't even been late on their payments. And all of this is legal......scary!! Makes me glad I no longer use credit. Haven't used it in over a year. And it feels so good!

The credit card companies are panicking and preventing people from running up their cards and then filing for bankruptcy.

That is just so Wrong!

Ironic that just a few years ago getting a plastic card was so easy -- no matter what your financial circumstances. I mean, my kids were just getting out of high school and receiving plastic in the mail. They hadn't established any kind of credit history.

Easy money is what caused this recession, IMHO.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-10-2009)