View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi terry
i was 16 when i got rsd it started in my rt shoulder neck and arm. and now is head to toe and internal. there wasnt such a thing 11 yrs ago for kids with rsd at all. pt didnt work for me at all. my rsd spread to all four limbs in a matter of month.

has your son had any blocks or anything else done for his rsd?
i know that it was said meds dont work for kids and on my end that is wrong. i didnt ever take pain meds till i was 20+ but i was orginal on neurtion and remaron for sleep .then i had indwelling catherder that delivered for 1 wk of colondine and buvupicane (sp) then they took it out and did it again while i had these treatments i did have pt 2x's a day while inpatient.

but like someone else said please listen your son!!!he is goin to know when enough is enough or its too much.
the key to rsd is finding a doctor that really understands about rsd and the complexs that come from it. i have been through so many docs even mayo clinic and only 4 of them have ever really treated me and helped

i really hope that this will help your son
you can PM if you have any other questions
carrie

rsd DX 99 had since 98 full body and organ involement,fibro ,pelvic pain ,etc,,,,,,

please check out our website to help bring awareness to RSD!

angelrsd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote