View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

OK, I still need help! *be quiet AMN* SMACK!

I received my new battery and let it charge overnight. Today I only had a 21% charge and so I used it a little bit to see if I let it go down a little more, that maybe it would charge. Nothing~ nada, in fact, it's down to 8%, so I plugged into my adapter, so I could investigate online.

When I replug the laptop in, I get this notice:

"Your AC power adapter type cannot be determined. Your system will operate slower and battery will not charge. Please connect to a Dell 65W AC apdapter or higher for best system operation".

My DH took the adapter (which is the one that came w/my laptop) and hooked it up to a thing a ma jiggy tool of his and it showed it was putting out 19.5, which is what the adapter said it should.

I hate getting online w/Tech support. I do have warranty left, so wonder if the adapter would be covered. I'm ready to throw the whole thing out the window. Last time I hooked up w/my tech support, they charged me $275, as they claimed they had to bring a 3rd party in to fix it. AY YI YI!!!!

Any suggestions?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks alot!

Also, there is a guy in the area, who trouble shoots and fixes pc's~ wonder if that could be an option.

Thanks my friend, Muwah!!!

DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote