Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce 01 View Post
Hi mrsD: I have seen the above bold text debated back and forth somewhere, maybe this forum or others. What leads you to take this side of the debate?

I've been on SLs for 6 months for PN and other neurological symptoms, have seen some improvement but want to make sure I'm doing everything the best I can. My doctors, not surprisingly, are pretty clueless. My story is in the intro section, titled "Hi, I need some advice . . ." (sorry I can't link yet til I get more posts)

I am sorry, I don't understand this question.

I don't think the sublinguals are absorbed much sublingually.
This argument goes back YEARS. I think the old sublingual bit is a just a gimmick.

I think that the B12 dissolves in your saliva and is swallowed.
The molecule is huge. The surface area under the tongue is small. And there are just no studies showing that the rest is not swallowed.

Since early 2000, there have been studies on ORAL showing equivalence to injectable if doses are used correctly.

Taking with food is based on studies done with levothyroxine...showing food prevented thyroid absorption.
This has generalized to other drugs that are given in microgram quantities. Levothyroxine failures have been traced to taking with food. If you get an RX filled today for it, there will be a sticker on it explaining that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote